- The transit system (metro/train and bus) in Chicago is run by CTA, short for Chicago Transit Authority. If you need to find your way to a metro station, watch for signs of CTA.
- They charge you a flat rate of 2.25 dollars a trip. So, from the O'Hare airport, you can take the Blue line to downtown Chicago for 2.25 dollars, one way.
- The fare card can be purchased with cash at the O'Hare station, at the vending machine. Once you have the fare card, you can top it up with either cash or credit/debit card.
- There is the GO Express shuttle service from the airport to downtown for 32 dollars. You can catch this van at the international terminals.
- The Field Museum is one tiring place to visit. Why? Because there are just too many things to see. You may need to spend one whole day to be here. The 3D movie is a let down.
- The Lincoln Park Zoo is one nice cozy environment. It is not big. Neither is it small. Just about the right size for one morning or afternoon trip.
- Lou Malnati's pizzeria serves fantastic Chicago deep dish pizza.
Monday, December 24, 2012
I had a chance to visit Chicago last week. The trip was devastating to me, but that's another story. This post is about the things to do in Chicago if you somehow find yourself there for the very first time.