Wednesday, December 11, 2013

BrowsePass as a Chrome app

I am pleased to announce the availability of BrowsePass Chrome app.

This is an easier way to set BrowsePass up on the Google Chrome browser (as well as its open source cousin Chromium). The Chrome app alleviates the most cumbersome steps in setting up BrowsePass: finding a web host for the source code. Everything else remains the same, including the convenience of opening your password database with a browser.

Though there is not yet extension/add-on/app for other browsers (such as Firefox, Safari, Opera), they can still run BrowsePass normally.

As usual, the source code (including the Chrome app) is at BitBucket.

2 comments:

  1. Nam,
    Thank you so much for the Browsepass app! I recently purchased an Asus Chromebox and was lost without my Keepass UNTIL I discovered your app.
    I do have sort of a silly request. Is it possible to change the color of the BrowsePass Icon? Because the Google taskbar is black and the Browsepass Icon is basically black, when I dragged the icon to the taskbar , it all but disappears except the white scroll work inside the key.
    Being an OLDER guy, lolol, the eyes aren't as good as they use to be and a different color icon would make it standout in the Chrome Taskbar plus if its basically designed for Chrome, and it would be an improvement since its almost invisible at its basic black color.

    Thanks again for an EXCELLENT APP especially with the new search function.
    Tony

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for using the app, Tony. I'll change the logo a little bit. But don't wait for it. I don't know when or if I can get back to developing the app further.

    ReplyDelete